Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Reflecting Light


Looking for a home for folks that like to share and tell stories - especially expatriates from the Martini Republic of Motley Fool and the Martini Club. Especially one cbc.

Music from a friend - the soundtrack from "Crazy Heart" spurred this move. The song "Reflecting Light" hit me in particular as I found myself listening to it over and over again and loving it and trying to figure out why.

And that reminded me of a girlfriend from 30+ years ago who figured a way to trick her turntable into playing one track from Leon Russell's album "Carney" over and over again without playing anything else - the tune was This Masquerade. For youngin's: an album was a flat disk of vinyl with grooves that played music if you put it on a spinning table with an arm that held a needle that tracked the grooves. I went to sleep listing to that song repeat over and over again 'til I thought I would go insane.

She was OCD on that song. She also would fall in love with a particular shirt from time to time and wear it every day for a week or two at a time - hand washing it nightly so she could wear it tomorrow.

I really liked her, but thought she was a bit weird because of those quirks. I guess she was a bit OCD on me for a while, too. But after I kept listening to "Reflecting Light" I have to rethink that criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment